Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bug Juice!

I had a great afternoon at "Grandparents Snack-Day" with Gibson. I went all out, I thought. His favorite snack is an Ice Cream Sandwich but I had to figure out how to keep it frozen while I drove out to his school. So I went to Wal-Mart -- bought one of those flexible/zippered coolers ($3.28), put ice in it and was on my way to Woodlawn Elementary. I stopped at a convenience store on the way and got 2 Ice Cream Sandwiches -- and in case he wanted something to wash it all down with -- a bottle of "BugJuice" -- a fruit drink with a sports top on it. I put it all in the little ice cooler thing and was so proud of myself. I knew he was gonna be excited about the Ice Cream Sandwiches. I got there to a packed house -- 20 kids each with a grandparent -- plus 2 teachers. It was very crowded in there. Gibson was excited to see me -- ran over to me and gave me a big hug. That was worth the Ice Cream. I opened the cooler and exposed the Ice Cream Sandwiches. We each began to eat -- while he continued to rummage through the cooler. I had a Starbucks Mocha for myself and his eyes landed on the BugJuice. Immediately he said -- "I'm not very hungry -- I just ate lunch." This after only a couple of bites of ice cream. I'm thinking -- "What about your favorite snack here?" "I'm thirsty" he said. So the BugJuice was a hit. He sucked the bottom out of that thing -- which by the way , gave him a red tongue that he was pretty proud of. He first looked at himself in the mirror and then went around the room showing his friends his red tongue. It was all a pretty good experience, especially for such a "Young" Papa T!

5 comments:

morgan buxton said...

looks like im gonna have to keep reading your blog to get the "full" story. ..red tongue..wow! im glad yall had a fun time!

proud momma,

morgan

Tom Lowe said...

Sorry I didn't go into much detail yesterday. I had a lot going on by the time i saw you

Stacy said...

i'm so glad u r blogging.....i love being able to keep up with old friends...especially ones who have had such great impact on my life!
that's such a cute idea to have a grandparents snack day...

Anonymous said...

Good Job Poppa T

John Cunningham said...

Can I have an ice cream sandwich?