Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Friends In High Places

Friends are wonderful, aren't they! I mean, it's difficult for me to imagine life without friends -- friends who love me, who pray for me, who listen to me and to whom I hold myself accountable. I'm thankful for those relationships God has so faithfully sprinkled into my life. And while I have friends who don't yet know Christ, I am especially thankful for those who do. Friends in high places -- friends who are seated with Christ in the heavenlies -- these are the ones with whom I have chosen to walk through life. But friendship is a reciprocal engagement. The scriptures teach that in order to have friends, we must extend friendship to others. Have you reached out to a potential friend lately or are you just kind of waiting for someone to reach out to you? Choose to be a friend today -- someone is waiting, maybe even longing for a mutually fulfilling friendship with someone just like you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you only knew what you meant to me and my family, even though it's been so long since we've seen you! I spoke of you yesterday! In a world where things can fall apart in an instant....thank you for always being constant. You are the rock that I can always point back to...and remember where I came from. We love you so much!
Andy & Kim Dye and kids