Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pray Specifically

I spoke with a young man this week who, with his family, has been attending Christ Church for 8 or 9 weeks. He was telling me how blessed they've been and especially by the series "Prayer Period." He said every Sunday, they've been digesting the message over lunch and last week -- the "Pray Specifically" point really hit home for them. He and his wife have been hoping to buy a home so after church they took out a piece of paper and began to write down the exact specifications that they wanted and needed in a home. They named specific location, bedrooms, bathrooms, style, even -- get this -- no pine trees. I guess they don't like pine straw clogging the gutters or something. Anyway, they began to pray for this specific home. I know, I know -- you're thinking ahead. Jesus did say " You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it . . ." John 14:13. They found the exact home they had been praying for. Let that encourage you to pray specifically -- and watch God answer specifically! Keep on praying!

check this one out -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECX5BVQ2eMw

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pastor Tom,

Just wanted to leave a little note to let you know how much I enjoyed your series on Prayer. It has really opened up my own prayer life, as well as allowing me to help others that are struggling with their praylife as well. Thank you again

Danuel Junkin